Monday, January 23, 2012

For almost the whole month of July in 2011 we as family vacationed in Alaska!  We all were excited expect for Jayde she wasn't so sure of leaving her friends and as far as summer goes she really thought she was going to miss out on everything here at home, but now she can honestly say that it was one of her best summers EVER...okay expect for when we ran into a huge Grizzly BEAR fishing on the Kenai River!  Colton and Kati were in heaven.  I have to say it was a little scary, but it was amazing to watch this bear fishing for salmon all the while huge Eagles were flying over his head and catching salmon out of the river as well.  You really feel like your in the discovery channel everywhere you look in Alaska!  I'm pretty sure everyone knows Alaska is Sterling's favorite place to be and I have to admit it has turned out to be my favorite too!  But to take our whole family their and experience it with them was truly wonderful!  Some of the things we did was hike up to glaciers, go fishing on the Kenai, take a few boats out into the ocean and check out all of the wild life Alaska has to offer such as whales, puffins, mountain goats, black bears, grizzly bears, moose, glaciers and more glaciers, volcano's, dolphins, otters, sea lions, I could just keep going!  We went clam digging a couple of times and I'm pretty sure this was the kids favorite thing to do!  The view alone out on the beaches is so amazing!  Ster, Colton and my dad went on a fishing charter and scored they caught Halibut, Silvers, Rock Fish, and Lean Cod.  All and all about 600 pounds of fish which would cost around 15,000 dollars to go buy at the store!  It was a good day fishing!  We went to the Keni and fished almost daily or (midnight fishing...me and Ster are to old, it took days for us to catch up again) and caught our limits almost every time!  Salmon is not an easy fish to bring in on the line, but my girls got it down!  Our famous line out at the river is FISH ON....FISH OFF!  We came home with 9 fifty pound coolers of fish!  I am so grateful for my family and I love making such wonderful memories with them! You could say Alaska was a success!  I took so many photos there is no way I could share them all so here are some of our favorites!



Fireweed!!



No comments:

Post a Comment